Shure Beta 58a Microphone Features:
• Frequency response tailored for vocals. Brightened midrange and bass rolloff to control proximity effect.
• Uniform supercardioid pattern for high gain before feedback. Superior rejection of off–axis sound.
• Neodymium magnet for high signal–to–noise output.
• Effective, built-in spherical wind and pop filter.
• Minimally effected by varying load impedance.
• Supplied with break-resistant stand adapter which rotates 180 degrees.
• Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness and reliability.
• Cardioid (unidirectional) dynamic.
• Frequency response: 50 to 16,000 Hz.
What is the Shure Beta 58a best suited to?
The Shure Beta 58A is a premium vocal mic ideally suited for professional lead and backup vocals, either on stage or in the studio.
How does it compare to the legendary Shure SM58?
Both are designed for vocal use and have a bright midrange and bass roll-off. The Shure Beta 58A has increased sensitivity and high-end frequency response which results in a cleaner more detailed sound. It also features a supercardioid polar pattern compared to the Shure SM58’s cardioid, giving it greater unwanted sound rejection and more resistance to feedback.